Hotels have been carefully chosen and you will get a warm welcome from local people very proud of their island. Gastronomy and wines will make you share the inhabitants' enthousiasm for Corsica!
Your day by day program
We welcome you at the airport in Bastia and transport you directly to Cape Corsica, avoiding the busy roads. You will then have time to test your new bike, if you rented one through us, or to discover your hotel and its area located close to beautiful stone villages and a small marina famous for its diving. We advise you the restaurant next to the hotel for your dinner as it is one of the best in Cape Corsica specialized in Corsican food.
Night in a 3* hotel.
This morning, you will go North, following the coastline. You will pass next to beautiful genoese towers, cross vineyards and reach the Maccinaggio port. Then a nice climb will await for you to reach the Mattei windmill before enjoying a beautiful descent to Centuri. Centuri is renowned for being the first lobsters' fishing port in France. A great occasion to taste it in one of the many little restaurant in the marina.
About 41 km or 55 km depending on the chosen option. (560m or 860m of positive elevation)
Night in a hotel right in the marina from where you will have a fantastic sunset..
You leave Centuri and follow the road overlooking the sea. Views are amazing on this dramatic coast offering hidden and sheltered creeks ideal for swimming in clear turquoise waters. You will carry on towards Nonza where its Paoline tower and its black pebbles beach is worth a stop. Later, you will cross Patrimonio, known as the birth place to the best wine in Corsica. Its vineyards, its beautiful church will ensure you a good time in the village. Wine tasting is offered in many of the ceilars. Then you will arrive in Saint Florent, your stop for 2 nights.
About 58 km.
Enjoy your time in Saint-Florent, its little harbour and its white sand beach. Saint-Florent is a small local sea resort from where you can also board a shuttle to one of the most beautiful beach of the island, Saleccia.
We also suggest a 50km loop around the Nebbiu's villages.
An amazing ride accross a protected route with stunning landscapes. Following the sea shore in a distance and amid the Corsican scrub, the road ondulates in a luxurious granitic and green environment, surprising knowing that you are supposed to be in a desert! Once at the Vezzu pass, you will get beautiful views on the mountains.
A great descent will follow toward the Balagne area where different roads' options are proposed to you. Arriving in Ile Rousse, you will hopefully be able to enjoy a dring looking at the sunset over the rocky island of Ile Rousse explaining the name of the little town.
About 45 km, 77 km or 85 km depending on the chosen option.
(600m / 1260m or 1400m of positive elevation)
Night in a hotel in the centre of Ile Rousse.
You will leave Ile Rousse and the major road to get inland and reach some of the most beautiful villages in Corsica: Pigna, Sant Antonino... Great opportunities are given to you to taste some fantastic local food in amazing places and restaurants (listed in your Europe Active road-book). You can also taste the local lime juice in Sant Antonino to kick you up the next hill! The artisans' road will then welcome you before the descent to Calvi, a little Saint Tropez in Corsica.
About 25 km, 31 km or 35 km depending on the chosen option.
(360m / 490m or 650m of positive elevation)
Night in hotel in Calvi.
End of your holiday after breakfast. Contact us if you want us to organize a transfer to Calvi or Bastia airport.
Every day from the begining of April to the end of October.
- At the Bastia airport on arrival.
- At your hotel in Calvi, day 7 after breakfast. Ask us if you need to have a transfer organized to Calvi or Bastia airport.
- Nights in 3* hotels except for 1 night in a comfortable 2* hotel. In rooms of two persons. Single rooms depends on availabilities.
- A minimum of 2 persons.
- This trip has 2 or 3 options everyday to let you choose your daily route. An average of about 50 kms.
- Luggage transfers are organized in private vehicles. Therefor, you only need to carry your equipment for the day.
- Supplement for high season departure (from the 15th of June to the 15th of September) per person : 100€
- Single room supplement : 350€
- Single room supplement during the high season (from the 15th of June to the 15th of September) : 500€
- Hybrid bike rental (21 gears) : 80€
- Hybrid bike rental - TREK FX2 2018 or SPECIALIZED Sirrus / Vita : 120€
- Electric bike rental - TREK UM3+ 2018 or NEOMOUV : 170€
- Aluminium road bike rental (triple crankset) - SPECIALIZED Secteur Sport : 170€
- Aluminium road bike rental (compact crankset) - TREK Domane AL3 2018 : 190€
- Carbon road bike rental (V-brake) - LOOK 566 Ultegra : 220€
- Carbon road Bike rental (Disc brake) - TREK Emonda SL6 2018 : 270€
- Corsican cycling jersey : 39€
- GPS rental : 50€
- GPS tracks on USB stick : 25€
- Transfer from the airport to the first hotel, luggage transportation, bed & breafasts, a local map to show the routes,GPS tracks, a detailed road-book including differences in heights.
- Transportation to the meeting point and from the ending point, transfers not included in the program, insurances, drinks, bike rental, lunches and dinners, visits, optional activities and personal expenses.