Throughout this guided trip you'll discover the West coast of Corsica at a leisurely pace.
You will go up to Calvi in several stages. 2 free days in Porto and Calvi are planned to make the most of the treasures and charm of this part of the wild Corsica.
Please note that the support vehicle will be a utility van. If some of you are tired, there will be room for two of you in the van at any time.
Your day by day program
Pick up from the airport and transfer to the first hotel in Ajaccio.
In case you arrive from another airport, thank you to contact us to organise your transfer.
Night in a 3 star hotel in Ajaccio.
In the morning we'll get everyone kitted out with their hire bikes before leaving Ajaccio via the 3rd stage of the Tour de France. The route winds its way up to the Col de Bastiano before a superb descent to the Gulf of Liscia. Your accommodation is located in the heart of the beautiful “greek” town of Cargese.
Roughly 50km (D+: 648m ; D-: 728m ; Min.: -1m ; Max.: 405m)
Dinner and night in a 3-star hotel.
Back in the saddle after breakfast, from the superb village of Cargese, whose Greek characteristics make it quite different from the rest of Corsica.
The route then offers splendid views towards the interior of the island until we reach the much celebrated 'Calanches de Piana' (deep red rock formations plunging dramatically towards the sea). Fast descent towards the Gulf of Porto, your destination for the night.
Roughly 31km (D+: 705m ; D-: 657m ; Min.: 9m ; Max.: 480m)
An optional ride is possible to the amazing beach of Arone, below Piana. The whole day counts in that case 54km.
Dinner and night in a 3-star hotel in Porto.
Today you have the opportunity to visit the Scandola marine nature reserve, a UNESCO heritage site. Relax and take in the views from the comfort of a tour boat, watching out for dolphins and other marine life. The other option for keen cyclists is to cycle to the highest col on Corsica, the formidable Col de Verghio (+1464m). The route takes you through Ota and Evisa (the chestnut capital on Corsica) before you climb up through the forest of Aitone to reach the Col. It is possible to do only part of the route. Return back to Porto down the Gorge de Spelunca. The views are just out of this world.
About 95 km return (D+: 2283m ; D-: 2281m ; Min.: 4m ; Max.: 1105m)
Night in a 3-star hotel in Porto.
Throughout this day you will be confronted by stunning views. To start with you'll enjoy the views over the coast towards the Gulf of Girolata. Following the climb to the Col de la Croix and the Col de Palmarella the views will extend out towards the Gulf of Galeria, your destination for the night.
Roughly 51km (D+: 921m ; D-: 903m ; Min.: 5m ; Max.: 411m)
Dinner and night in a 3-star hotel in Galéria.
On this day you will cycle, what some have called the most beautiful coastal road in Europe. The road is not very well looked after and so is bumpy at times, but it really is stunning. This road takes you all the way up to the port town of Calvi, where you can celebrate the end of your holiday.
Roughly 38km (D+: 487m ; D-: 472m ; Min.: 2m ; Max.: 138m)
Night in a 3-star hotel in Calvi.
Today there will be a planned cycle ride into the Balagne region. For those with tired legs, there will be the option to rest on the beach!
Dinner and night in a 3-star hotel in Calvi.
Distance : 79km (D+: 1029m ; D-: 1030m ; Min.: 1m ; Max.: 432m)
A transfer will be organized to Calvi or Bastia airport (by train or private bus).
3 annual departures for travellers wishing to join other like-minded cyclists group on a guided tour.
(Other possible departures for private groups (friends, family, sports clubs etc) on request, with departure dates to suit you. 6 personns min. Please, contact us!)
|23 May 2021||30 May 2021||~1304 £ [1465 €]||6 more persons required||Book|
|06 June 2021||13 June 2021||~1304 £ [1465 €]||6 more persons required||Book|
|19 September 2021||26 September 2021||~1304 £ [1465 €]||6 more persons required||Book|
|21 May 2022||28 May 2022||~1304 £ [1465 €]||6 more persons required||Book|
- Ajaccio airport, transfer to the 1st hotel.
- After breakfast on Day 8, transfer will be organized to Calvi airport.
- Strictly selected 3-star hotels in a shared twin room. Possibility to book a single room with extra cost (see options).
- From 6 participants.16 participants maxi.
- Easy, accessible with short stages from 30 to 50 km/day. 2 rest days with bike loops possible. The use of an Ebike make the circuit more accessible.
- The riders main bag will be transfered daily by the support vehicle. You will only need to take with you what you wish to have available during the ride (wallet, camera, picnic lunch, water.etc).
- Single room supp. per person : 370€
- E-bike rental TREK UM3+ : 200€
- Top of the range hybrid bike rental TREK FX2 : 140€
- Daily luggage transfers made by the support vehicle.
- 7 nights in 3 star hotels (twin bedrooms) with breakfast
- 1 vehicle support (9 seats van) and driver who will act as the guide
- Daily picnics prepared by the guide (5 days - not provided on day 4, rest day Porto)
- 4 dinners
- Airport transfers on arrival and departure
- Personal expenses and optional extras/activities (such as the boat trip to the marine reserve from Porto)
- 3 free dinners
- Lunch in Porto on day 4
Southern Corsica on an e-bike: GT 20 from Calvi to Bonifacio
Corsica - GT20 - Leisure cycling - E-bike tours - Self-guided - E-bike - 8 days / 7 nights